Tuesday, September 1, 2009

UFC 102 Reflections

I went and saw UFC 102 at Ker's winghouse on saturday night. It was a night of great fights and a waitress wearing a skirt so tiny, it was no longer a skirt but just a vagina belt. The fights were incredible. Chris Leben got put to sleep, Kieth Jardine and Demian Maia got knocked the fuck out and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueria pounded out a decision over Randy Couture. But something struck a chord with me during the fights. While i was watching these amazing displays of striking ability, I wanted more and more to train harder and hit the gym. I felt like a little kid who wanted to play guitar after going to his first concert. It was as if I was seeing it for the first time. Now that I'm putting in the time in the gym I can appreciate everything on a much higher level now. I saw Nate Marquardt's haymaker coming before it connected with Demian Maia's chin. I saw the lack of head movement that gave Randy Couture a chance to connect some huge power shots on Nog. Watching the fights now that I have some gym experience was just mind blowing. And all this after less than a month of training. I can't wait to see what it's like after I actually get in the cage and get a few wins to my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment